Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Dec. 15 Part III

Got a few issues of Cutthroat Charlotte written. Will let them sit a bit before I revise them. I have to work out the escape sequence from New Providence (after all, this is an action/adventure – it has to be exciting!) I need to do some research on the architecture of the 1700s in the Bahamas to make sure that what I want them to do in the sequence could actually be done.

I decided that the incident in which Charlotte earns her moniker of “Cutthroat” will happen after the next sequence that takes place in Cuba. This will give her the chance to grow into it.

Rory Calhoun’s character had some nice surprises, and it will make the dynamic between them work better.

Woodes, of course, as in real life, wants to be the center of everything. He needs to get a grip.

Don’t think I landed that travel writing gig. On the one hand, it’s a disappointment. On the other hand, it just means my work has to head in a different direction. I may want to do more travel writing, but the writing projects themselves are leading me elsewhere.

Bogged down in paperwork right now – the piles in my desk had grown too high – but hope that I’ll be able to go back to Charlotte with fresh eyes in the evening.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home