Monday, December 27, 2004

Dec. 27 Part II

Just over two issues of Angel Hunt done and two drafts of the article for About.com. I also signed some contracts that needed to be done.

The burn is bothering me. I’m trying to keep it sterile while still going about my business.

According to my records, in the past few months, I’ve surfed about 500 blogs. I’d say maybe two dozen are blogs I go back and read. I think it’s great that there’s such a wide variety out there, and I’ve found some blogs of people with lives very different from my own – a pastry chef, a scuba instructor and an astronomer among them -- but there are also plenty out there that just turn me off.

I dread going in to the show tonight and then having a long day there tomorrow. The mental preparation is more difficult than the physical one.

My friends went off exploring, leaving me time to write. They will be back for an early dinner; then they go off to listen to some live music while I go to work.

I’ve fallen into my typical End of Year Despair. Instead of focusing on the growth – and there’s been a lot of it – I’m fretting about what didn’t get done. It’s a pattern I need to break.

Time to take a deep breath and then tackle The Widow’s Chamber.

D.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Colin said...

"I’m fretting about what didn’t get done."

Forget it. What's in the past is done. The future is yours. It is you who has taught extents of this sentiment to me.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home