Saturday, December 04, 2004

December 4 Part II

Two issues of Angel Hunt. I’ve run into a dilemma, and I have to figure it out before I can continue. One of the non-human characters has gotten his feelings hurt, and I have to decide how to resolve this – or, rather, how Lianna is going to resolve this, because until he’s satisfied, we’re all stuck.

I’m trying to track down an address I need in St. Petersburg (long story), but all the directories and sites are in Russian, which I can’t figure out, and the sites won’t run through the translation program. So I guess I’ll have to e-mail the consulate and see if they can give it to me.

I revised 19 pages on “Giving and Thanks” – I like the way it’s reading, and it’s definitely a novella. I think I want to cover the entire Thanksgiving weekend in this novella, including shopping the day after Thanksgiving, the football game that Saturday and something or other on Sunday. Peter is turning out to be more central to things than I thought – Oliver better watch out, or Peter will get what Oliver thinks he wants. And Lucifer, the orphaned boy – he’s going to shake things up in the O’Brien household. Poor Liza – all she wants is some peace, yet her path seems to be that of catalyst for everyone else’s lives.

“Driven to Change”, which is up at Emerging Women Writers, happens after this novella, and then there’s another story – which I may need to break down into two stories -- that happens in December, and the New Year’s and . . .well, these characters have a lot to say. It’s a good thing.

I’m a little tired, so I’m going to take a break from the keyboard. I might try a few pages in longhand of Clock, and I also have to do some research on angels and on scarlet fever (for two separate projects).

At least I feel like I accomplished something today.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home