Thursday, December 09, 2004

December 9 Part II

Finished issue #89 of Angel Hunt and went ahead and wrote most of #90, even though that’s not yet due. Revised #88 & #89 and sent them off. Leaving it with a bit of a cliffhanger, and Lianna not properly understanding her part in a tarot reading. That will make things interesting.

Again, just when I’m in the groove, I have to switch.

Revised and sent off two issues of The Widow’s Chamber and did some work on another issue. I’m behind where I want to be, but I’m okay, in terms of publishing deadlines. I’m getting there. Not as fast as I’d like, but I’m getting there. I have to figure out the next little bit, and then they finally dock in New Orleans. And then the tension ratchets up – we’re in the final set up and then the home stretch, set on the River Road. I figure I’ll be done with this arc by March, and then have to decide if I follow Nora in the next one, or if I’ll concentrate on another member of the family.

The afternoon was spent in a labor of love – a proposal for a new e-zine about travel in Britain, that’s going to focus on the historical. I want to be a regular contributor.
My proposal is long, but detailed, with tidbits about some of the many fascinating places I love so much, especially in Northumbria and in Scotland.

I’m tired, but I’m happy with the proposal. I fact-checked it, revised it several times, and sent it off. Maybe I should have held it for a few days, but it comes from the heart, and I think it’s the perfect gig for me. It will give me a chance to communicate the excitement and enthusiasm I feel for many places that get very little ink.

Played with a new recipe for dinner – made it up as I went along. I’ll try to get some more work done on WC tonight – otherwise, I’ll have to get up extra early tomorrow, to get some work in before I leave for the city.

D.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home