Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Tuesday, December 7 Part II

Instead of writing, I’ve been reading a beautiful book someone sent me for the holidays, about the Angel Tree at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It’s a stunning tree and the book is absolutely beautiful.

A group of us have scheduled a field trip there for the 16th. I can hardly wait.

The city looks beautiful in its holiday glamour. It was dark when I left the theatre after day work and I saw the oversized snowflakes illuminating Saks Fifth Avenue – really lovely. Haven’t stopped by the windows yet, but will do so soon.

Work was fine. Everyone’s excited because it was the second day of Gypsy of the Year. It’s a fundraiser the Broadway and off- Broadway shows do each holiday season to raise money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Wicked raised the most money during this time and received the plaque. This is the first year since I’ve worked on Broadway that I haven’t either worked on the performance piece with the company of a show or at least attended. It’s always lots of fun.

The food packages are starting to arrive for the holidays. And, hey, they can’t sit under the tree and rot. They have to be opened and eaten immediately, right? That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

Must leave early for the day call at Rent tomorrow, so won’t have time to blog again until Thursday.

Maybe I’ll have writing to report by then.

Got a few pages done on Clock, but it was hard to concentrate on June in Ayrshire during December in New York with actors running around in Vegas-style over-the-top impersonations of Liberace, Britney Spears, Dolly Parton, Charo, Siegfried and Roy and Liza as part of the skit.

Gotta love it.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home