Saturday, January 15, 2005

Saturday, January 15, 2005
Waxing Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Cloudy and cold


After very specifically making sure I did not have to come in today so that I could devote the day to writing, they called, in a panic as usual, because someone is sick and no one who actually LIVES in the city can be bothered to fucking come in and do the show.

I said I would go in for the matinee ONLY. And that I wouldn’t be there at call time.

Why do they hire these people and pay them when they’re not willing to actually ever come in and do the job?

I better land some high-paying gigs soon so that I can bag the swing work sooner rather than later. I don’t even want to wait until the beginning of the summer.

Because if I don’t have the time to write, I can’t make the transition. And if they’re constantly calling me at the last minute – the one who lives FARTHER away than anyone else – I’ll never have the time to write.

In a snit,

D.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Pandora Nicollet said...

On your recommendation, I've ordered So Many Books, So Little Time from QPBC. I'm really looking forward to reading it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home