Friday, February 04, 2005

Feb. 4 Part II

Into the city and out of it again quickly. I had a quick coffee with someone who wanted to meet me and that was interesting (Debra and Diana will know who I mean!). It was a pleasant hour filled with real conversation as opposed to mindless party chatter.

Nipped in to a book store on my way home. The bargain table is one’s best friend for research books. Because a lot of historical and academic books don’t get the kinds of marketing campaigns that, say a ghost-written celeb tome gets, they often come and go quickly. I’ve gotten more well-written, interesting and relevant books on the bargain table or in second hand bookshops over the years than anything else.

I picked up two books on Celtic History – one of which has an entire section on the Lindisfarne Gospels, which helps me with my rewrite. I also grabbed a mystery that looked like it might be fun and a hardback of The Crimson Petal and the White – I want to read it on retreat next weekend, and the hardback was on sale for half of the paperback price. So I grabbed it.

I need to do at least two episodes of Charlotte today – I’m somehow farther behind than I thought.

I’m feeling a bit odd – achy and hot and cold. That’s all I need right now – I don’t have time to get sick. I’m going to try to get some work done and maybe go to bed early.

D.

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Bundy said...

Eat shiT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home