Monday, March 21, 2005

Monday, March 21, 2005
Waxing Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Jupiter Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Rainy and cold

The fucking DSL isn’t working properly AGAIN. This time, the e-mail function went down – in the middle of transmitting a proposal to a new editor with whom I really want to work.

Can’t get a tech support person. All I get is a recorded message saying they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Not good enough. I’ve had DSL one week today and it’s been down more than it’s been up.

Wrote a complaint for the BBB. Will re-read it tonight and send it off in the morning.

If I have any more problems this week, I should cancel service and try something else. Major pain in the ass as I’ve now switched over EVERYTHING to the DSL.

I slept in and am still absolutely exhausted. I had a great time at the show over the weekend. It’s an amazing group of people. The company is a real pleasure to work with.

I helped two people with non-fiction book proposals today, one with a fiction query, and I’m reading over Colin’s wonderful web manual. I don’t understand all of it, but most of it even I can comprehend. And if I can understand it . . .anyone can.

I really want to take a nap, but I have to get some of my own writing done. Book II of Ransagh calls – plus I want to do steady work on typing Book I. I’ve already typed 7 chapters of it, and started to work on edits. I also want to work on the Vince/Annie piece, which is more complicated than I thought it would be – I wish the damn thing would shut up, but scenes keep rolling through my head and I’m jotting them down in the outline, and do the first chapter of the Quick Sell Novella.

Plus, I need to do some research for this week’s horse racing article.

Scrubbed the floors this morning, so spring cleaning’s begun.

Just wish I wasn’t so tired. But doing shows – even when you’re loving it – requires an enormous amount of both physical and emotional energy.

Devon
www.devonellingtonwork.com

1 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

My heart goes out to you in your dealing with DSL. When we moved, I had no end of difficulty getting DSL online, and finally opted out of it.

I hope your situation is resolved in a professional and prompt manner.

Ah, and hope springs eternal.

Have a blessed day :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home