Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Waxing Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Jupiter Retrograde
Sunny and cold

I polished and sent two issues of Charlotte yesterday before heading for the theatre.

Unfortunately, Verizon DSL does not respect formatting and they came through as mush.
I have a message in to them – if I can’t send cut-and-paste documents, I’ll have to drop them. It’s a deal breaker. Most publications do not allow attachments.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

Got a tiny bit of work done on Ransagh, but it’s choppy. I need a chunk of time to let things flow.

Day work was fine yesterday, in spite of getting hit with a migraine. A friend gave me a trio of gardenias for my birthday – they’re lovely! I have them floating in a bowl on the table. This friend is the epitomy of kindness and selflessness. Her birthday is tomorrow, and I left her gift at the theatre for her.

I have some other matters that can’t be discussed on the blog that are weighing me down heavily. I hope to get them resolved within the next few days/weeks, but the toll they take, both physically and emotionally is pretty high. And with Mercury going retrograde in the next few days – let’s just say I wish I could spend the next few weeks in bed not dealing with anything. Unfortunately, that is not an option.

And the drain leaves me little energy or creativity left for my work. It’s a bad spiral. I’m fighting to remain as balanced as possible in order to handle the situation and to not be overwhelmed by feelings of worthlessness.

On top of that, last night, suddenly, my eyes got very red and swelled until they were nearly shut. I have no idea what set it off. I scrambled in the kitchen and put together a tea containing herbal antihistamines (since I didn’t have any over-the-counter stuff here). It helped a lot, but there’s still some swelling today, and I have no idea what triggered it.

While I frantically dug through the cupboard, I guess I pulled out a plastic bag of catnip. I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing rummaging in the kitchen. I discovered that the entire kitchen floor was covered in catnip, and the cats were rolling around in it, stoned out of their minds. The bag was stuffed in a bowl with some teas, and I hadn’t put it away because I focused on making the tea and relieving the allergic reactions. So I ended up with a household of stoned cats, rolling around, paws waving, tongues lolling. It was very cute. I cleaned it all up and threw it out. They don’t seem to be any worse for wear – I was afraid there might be a bad reaction since there was so much of it.

That’s what I get for being careless!

Hopefully, I can get some work done this morning, and keep the migraine enough at bay to be productive and to get the necessary errands done this afternoon.

And, hopefully, I can get the online situation sorted out. So far, I’m not impressed with their online help – the directions they have posted are not accurate.

It never ends, does it?

Sorry to post such a downer today, but some days are just kind of rough. However, it’s sunny and beautiful outside, so I’ll try to let that lift my mood.

For a free issue of any of the above serials, click the appropriate link and download.


At 9:49 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Awww.. kitties are soo darn cute. I heart them. :) I hope you get through whatever it is. If you need an ear (an eyeball? hehe) let me know.

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Stoned cats...rolling on the floor, paws in the air, tongues lolling---LOL! I could just see that! D:))

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Oh more thing--don't be too hard on yourself if you're feeling low. Sometimes you just have to let be...d:)

At 1:23 PM, Blogger B. K. Birch said...

I hope you feel better soon. Love the stoned cats! Oh, and Happy Birthday!



Post a Comment

<< Home