Wednesday, April 13, 2005

April 13 Part II

Got an issue of the western off and have to get more prepped.

Drove to Larchmont and dropped off the lamp. The guy in the store was excited to work on it – it’s a type of lamp you can’t find any more, a real collector’s piece. The price is reasonable and it’s worth it, to me, to have it fixed by someone who truly knows what he’s doing – and the fact that he’s excited by the actual lamp is a plus.

Stopped at CVS to get some of the materials I needed to make the bath salts. Next door to the CVS was a gourmet food store – I can never resist a food store! Even if I don’t buy anything, I have to take a look.

The items in the store that I could find elsewhere, I could also find elsewhere at a better price. However, there were also items that are difficult to get around here, and those were priced reasonably. I bought some cornmeal and two kinds of preserves.

Got the fixings for the salts (I have the essential oils already in my stock) and I was ready to go.

Stopped at the beach on the way back to take a walk on the beach and Playland’s boardwalk. It was a beautiful day, although the wind was chilly. The waters were choppy, so no one was out fishing on the pier. Two of the tiny white dogs who were there yesterday were there again – their human walks very fast and those little legs have to scurry to keep up! I got more ideas for several stories, and they are rolling around inside my head.

Came home and made three batches of bath salts: healing, abundance, and romance. I decided I wasn’t satisfied with my recipes for the two latter salts, so I threw them out and created new ones. I think they will do well at Lemonade in Eden.

For more information on the event, visit:

www.lemonadeineden.com

I won’t stay for the actual performance, but I’m putting together a basket with subscriptions and toys for the serials, a tarot consultation, and the three types of bath salts. The basket will be auctioned off. During the day, I’m coming in to help decorate the Cookie Tree of Life.

If you’re in New York on April 29, I hope you’ll come down and check out the event. It should be a lot of fun.

Now, back to Glam Hearts.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home