Thursday, April 14, 2005

April 14 Part II

Finally, a productive day.

After the Glam Hearts edits went off, I turned my attention back to the serials. Another episode of Widow’s Chamber off, as well as three issues of Cutthroat Charlotte polished and sent.

A walk on the beach generated more ideas, especially watching the dogs play. I took lots of pictures.

A pair of Canadian geese have nested on the rocks out in the Sound. The workers who were painting the “Keep Off” sign on the rocks themselves tried to shoo them away, but the Gander wasn’t having it. After all, his lady is sitting on eggs. He chased the guy away and I told them, in no uncertain terms, to back off. If anything happens to that pair, someone will have to answer to me and it won’t be pretty!

When I came back, I submitted my short story “History Lesson”, which has the same ensemble of characters as “Dogs on Beach” to a magazine. Keep your fingers crossed.

Also printed the newsletter and got Batch A of the copywriting letters out. Researched some of the prospects on the Batch B list.

Spoke to another editor at Llewellyn to find out when she wanted calendar ideas. First of July. That’s on my calendar – I’m already playing with ideas.

Ink in My Kitchen:
Pork chops cooked in Julia Child’s wonderful spice marinade. Because they are so spicy, the mashed potatoes have to be creamy and floating in butter, and the peas as simple as possible.

I think I’m done with work for the day and will relax.

D.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

What a wonderful day! Those pork chops sound yummy. I'd like to try that Julia Child marinade. d:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home