Monday, April 18, 2005

April 18 Part III

Tonight is the anniversary of Paul Revere’s ride, prior to the Battle of Lexington and Concord, the official start of the American Revolution in 1775.

I just deleted three different comments on that fact. Perhaps it is better for them to stay deleted right now! Although, if the current administration doesn’t stop the downward economic spiral and continues to protect the huge corporations while punishing the regular people struggling to make a living, and continues to encourage the gap to widen between the enormously rich and the rest of reality as they’ve done since last November . . .people get desperate. We watch them snap every day on the evening news. With unemployment rising as CEOs receive obscene raises after firing workers, with workers getting dumped from unemployment rolls in order for the figures to look as though they’re lessening, when, in reality, people are literally disappearing, with social services being cut while politicians vote themselves raises, yet there isn’t even toilet paper in our schools, not to mention pen and paper and kids are being taught in converted janitorial closets . . .and you wonder why people snap?

Someday, I will write my Revolutionary War piece. Growing up, that time period was my area of expertise. Unfortunately, much of it has floated out of my head. I bet I still have notebooks full of research for term papers somewhere.

The conclave started today to elect the new Pope. The process fascinates me. I’m glad they swear to keep it secret. That doesn’t make sense, since I’m so fascinated, but I like to imagine what could be going on in there!

Received a statement from one of my publishers. I have to go over it with a fine tooth comb. I keep my own records and compare them to the statement – this payment is 1/6th of what it should be, according to the facts and figures I’ve kept over the time period. I am so sick and tired of having to re-do other people’s work and clean up after them. Urgh. This battle will not be fun.

So much for getting any creative work done.

And tomorrow, I’m doing a double day call.

Ah, well, French Women Don’t Get Fat and the Vietnamese cookbook Lemongrass and Lime arrived tonight, so I will go off and sulk with them.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home