Thursday, April 21, 2005

April 21 Part III

Worked through three more drafts of “Impressions”. I need to make some more cuts, still. And, I either need to twist it so it fits the title better (and I like the title), or change the title. Because the story’s not really about impressions at all, but about home. Although, Cilla’s first impression of the place is why she chucked her life in NY and moved to the Cape. If I make a slight word change in the last few lines, where she talks about why she comes here . . .that could hook it around. I already cut the first paragraph, which I decided I hated because it didn’t match the tone of the piece. The new first paragraph talks about impressions and if I bring it back again at the end . . .it just might work.

Back to another draft.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home