Monday, April 25, 2005

April 25 Part IV

Instead of doing what I should be doing, I spent the evening revising one of my favorite older stories, “To Die For” and did some housecleaning (finally).

The Tappan Zee Bridge was closed for hours this afternoon into the evening as they retrieved some guy who’d climbed up into the span and was talking to a bunch of people on his cell phone before his jump. He talked long enough so that they caught him.

That paragraph reads unsympathetically, and it’s not meant to. It’s just . . .can’t people EVER get off their effing cell phones? On the one hand, one is glad that it saved his life – he wanted to be talked out of jumping – although I’m sure the thousands of people who couldn’t get where they needed to go over the five hours it took to get it sorted secretly wish he’d jumped and gotten it over with.

The whole situation just makes those wheels start turning, and there’s this idea that’s got a weak spark somewhere in the back of my brain . . .What if . . .?

D.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

Hey, Devon. You posted on my blog today "who let the blogs out" and I just wanted to stop by and say hi and thanks. You compared editor hunting to searching for your soulmate. Maybe AOL should start a new match.com for writers and publishers...lol. I would definitely sign up! Any ideas what we could call it? How about...uh... Happilyeverafter.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home