Thursday, April 28, 2005

April 28 Part II

I am physically and emotionally exhausted. The show kicked my ass this week. The track I’m in drains me emotionally much more than physically. I’d rather deal with the oversized coats any day.

Ran errands, readied bills to be paid tomorrow. Managed a quick walk on the beach (it cleared up for a few hours). The workers are busy getting everything ready for summer.

A local nursery spent the day in our courtyard, replacing the enormous tree ripped out a few months ago and doing some other planting. Not only were the workers exceptionally pleasant, the work is good.

Reworked and polished the pre-Derby article and got it off. It should publish on Tuesday. Right now, Bandini and Noble Causeway are my favorites. Bandini’s a son of one of my favorite horses of all time, Fusaichi Pegasus. I’d love it if he took home the entire Triple Crown. When Fusaichi Pegasus behaved in the post parade at the Preakness, I know he was too bored to win that day. He’d lost interest in the process by then, and wasn’t getting the type of attention he craved. I still think he could have swept the Triple Crown with slightly different handling. But he didn’t, and let’s hope one of his progeny does so.

Got a positive response from one of my direct mail prospects. Hopefully, we’ll get to work together soon.

I’m so tired that I don’t know how I am going to pull out another show. But I have to.

At least it’s payday. And everything’s ready for the trip . . .except the apartment.

D.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

I hope you enjoy your trip and get some rest! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home