Thursday, May 19, 2005

May 19 Preakness Ink

Giacomo looks like he’s ready. Both bettors and commentators are dismissing the horse as a one-shot wonder. Look how many people were wrong in the Derby? Instead of hemming and hawing and making excuses, let’s just say we underestimated the horse, okay? I did it. I was confident he’d hit the board, but I didn’t think he’d win. And I was wrong.

And I want him to win the next two legs of the Triple Crown.

Afleet Alex and Greeley’s Galaxy look very good. And Scrappy T’s mugging for the camera at every opportunity. I may bet Scrappy T all the way across the board – I think he’s great.

Unless either Noble Causeway or Sun King astonishes me in the paddock, I’ll pass on both this time around. I hope they run at Saratoga this summer – I’d like to bet on them there. I like both horses, but I think they need to mature a bit before I risk money on them again.

Golden Man did not get in, but he’s on my watch list for other races this summer, in preparation for the Breeders’ Cup.

On Friday, look at Ashado for the Grade III stakes and Funny Cide for the Grade I.

I haven’t studied tomorrow’s card yet. A quick glance says go for Ashado with either Colony Band or Saintliness in the 9th Race, Spun Sugar and Pleasant Chimes in the 10th -- with a look at Runway Model, if she’s in top form. There’s a 30-1 shot called Loch Nessie that I want to take a look at in the 8th Race. In the 10th Race, running along with Funny Cide, is Pollard’s Vision, one of my favorite horses from last year. I just may have to box an exacta. That will probably be it for me on the Friday card.

Will post picks for Saturday’s under card tomorrow.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home