Wednesday, May 25, 2005

May 25 Part II


Absolutely useless writing day, which sparked a bad case of the blues, which spiraled into not focusing on writing . . .argh. Hate it when that happens.

On top of that, my computer keeps insisting it doesn’t have programs that it has run repeatedly in the past. What the hell happened to them? I tried to install Office Suite, and it says I don’t have the set-up to do so, and Notepad doesn’t exist, blah, blah, blah.

Microsoft sucks and it gets worse every day. If I invoiced them for the time and work lost, I could have retired by now.

Tried to get my photo programs to work properly. I think it’s more a case of I have such basic components that I don’t have what I need. Will investigate further. But the idea of creating logos out of photographs is more and more enticing – and opening a shop with Café Press for “stuff”.

I still want to order Frisbees from Tradeshowexhibitor.com with the http://www.devonellingtonwork.com name on it.

Hopefully, the season finale of Lost will help me beat the blues.

My biggest concern is that I’ll feel this way the entire three weeks I work full time on the show, and then I’ll really be screwed.

On the upside, I found a great fare on Air France for the spring trip to Paris. Although I won’t book it until September (when it will be higher, no doubt), it gave my day a lift.

Paris for my birthday sounds better and better.

D.

3 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Colin said...

April in Paris by the Count Basie Orchestra just ran through my mind....if you have it, have a listen :-)

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

Hi D,

Empathy regarding "one of those days." I want to go backwards and regain the lost time when that happens. Do you ever feel that way?

On a different note, thank you very much for your compliments about my tree painting!
Yes, I'd like to reciprocate linkage. Thank you for the offer. :)

Come see a photograph this nightowl shot of a sunrise and read a short explanation I wrote.
Wishing you better days!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

Clearly you're planning a birthday trip to Europe. I hope it's everything you'd like it to be ~ and then some.
Are you a Taurus by chance?

(still more catching up to do here...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home