Tuesday, May 03, 2005

May 3 Part III

Exhausted.

Sent off three sets of proposals to Llewellyn for the 2007 annuals. Worked on the mailing. Roughed out a couple of essays and a few more other ideas – quite a bit of character work, some plot work. Worked on Charlotte. Got a set of Angel Hunt episodes off.

Somehow, I’m much more behind than I thought I was on the serials. When I left for the trip, I was caught up. Now, I’m not. I don’t know quite how, in four days, there can be such a huge difference in the charts I keep and the charts my editor keeps. I have to solve this mystery. And I’m going to have to write three of the four serials at breakneck speed this week – with company here. And, with another trip next week – I don’t even want to think about it.

Since horse racing changes day-to-day, if not minute-to-minute, I’m going to do daily updates here on the blog, called “Derby Ink”. The headline is in large, bold letters – to make it easy to find. The first entry is just below this one. These are my thoughts and observations – opinions, not dogma. And a chance to make fun of some of my own eccentricities as a horse player!

Updated my website – all by myself—with this new info. It worked well (Colin’s directions are perfect), except that the effing computer dumped everything three times as I worked. But it got up.

Day work was fine. Unfortunately, there was a malfunction in the fire alarm and it rang for a solid hour. They moved me to the most sound-protected room they could find, so it was only a bit of a dull roar and I could finish the call. Had it been too painful (they know the problems I have with sound), I could have left early. Fortunately, I didn’t have to, and could work the call.

It felt odd to be back in the building after a few days away. There are many things I can let slide since I’m a swing that, if I was there on a daily basis, would drive me nuts (okay, so it’s a short drive). But it’s not worth getting het up about, because it will not be my life for much longer. In fact, I’m considering an article about my favorite places to write in Manhattan – once I leave, I might as well let other people know about them, since I won’t be there and can’t be disturbed! :)

It’s such an odd sensation of displacement and loss, yet I know I’m moving in the right direction for my future.

And there are stresses that I simply must cut out of my life, because they affect my health.

And I still haven’t managed to do my wrap-up, to-do list, or write about the weekend.

Sigh.

Bought a couple of books on my way to work (and my way to my tomato-basil-mozzarella snack – my new high-energy snack when I’m on the go) and all I really want to do is sit and read them.

D.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Billi-Jean said...

I keep meaning to tell you that I always have a Llewellyn annual so I know the moon phase. I was really happy to see planting/harvesting days in there this year too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home