Monday, May 30, 2005

May 30 Part II

Two drafts of “Blueberrying” done. It runs about 18 pages, and goes in quite a different direction than I originally planned. Both an homage to childhood summers in Maine and juvenile series fiction, it hits exactly the way I want it to.

Will put it aside for a few hours while I rest my eyes and work on Widow’s Chamber, then do another rewrite before sending it off.

It might be too American and too sweet for the Swedish magazine for which it's intended, but I’ll risk it. I’m sure it’s quite different from the material they’re getting on the theme of “childhood”. Either it fits their vision or it doesn’t. If it does, fantastic. If it doesn’t, I can think of a half a dozen other markets that might work.

D.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

Its enjoyable to peak into the windows of your mind. I like your optimism that is combined with reality. Go for it! BTW, since my first time here the title "Widow's Chamber" reaches out to me with a magnetic appeal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home