Monday, May 30, 2005

May 30 Part III

Two issues of Widow’s Chamber written, polished and sent. They were fun – a big blowout at the New Orleans ball. It’s good to ratchet up the tension even more.

Did another rewrite of “Blueberrying” and sent it off. It’s just over 4200 words. I wonder if I should have contrasted the narration voice of the adult protagonist looking back with more fervor than the dialogue between the kids. I kept the tone simple, and, hopefully, it works.

But just over 6000 words today – and a good day’s 6000+ words at that -- I’m a little tired and want to treat myself to a relaxing evening.

I dread going into the city tomorrow.

D.

4 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Devon,
With so many things to do and experience in this short life, it can be so difficult to choose a path. It has to come to you - from your drive, your heart, your daily life. Writing is something I have always wanted to be good at but always feel short, not have the creativity and imagination. If I were a writer, I would probably have to go the non-fiction route. Hats off to you!
Peace.............

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Victoria Swanson said...

Hey Devon!

Sure sounds like you have been busy. 6000+ words a day is quite an output. Especially considering everything else that you do with your busy life! Whew! You deserved the relaxing evening ;)

Tori (boomz at ivillage)
www.writeslikeagirl.blogspot.com

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Congrats on finishing "Blueberrying," Devon!

I'm glad you liked the ecard. ;)

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

Hi D,
In the brief time since I first landed on your blog, you have displayed incredible writer's energy, tenacity, and productivity! Your words pulse off the blog page with that writer's heartbeat off, even for routine aspects of life. It is evident that you love your vocation and have an upbeat attitude.
Congratulations!

I'm delighted to have found your blog and will answer your email soon during a lull between art shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home