Friday, May 06, 2005

May 6 – More Derby Ink
Kentucky Oaks Day Wrap- Up


I certainly had some hits and misses in my picks for today.

First race: Lady Ann Summers won in spite of being four wide. A nice win, and a good ride by jockey Mike Smith.

Third race: My two choices were Ready’s Gal and Psych. Psych bumped Ready’s Gal at the start and neither fully recovered. Not a good day for them today, but I’ll look at them again in their next races.

Fourth race: Come out Smokin’ didn’t have it in him. That’s the risk you take with a long shot. Not a good pick on my part.

Fifth race: Dynamite Lass got trapped and ended up fifth. I’ll look at her next race before deciding whether or not to keep her on my list.

Eighth race: I bet both Storm’s Darling and Island Sand across the board. Although I liked Storm’s Darling better, she came in third, bobbling at the start. Island Sand, in spite of some unhappiness in the gate, came in second. So I got a bit of money on each of them.

Tenth race – Kentucky Oaks: After a look at Sis City, I wasn’t confident enough to box the exacta with In the Gold. And, I saw that one of my favorite horses, Gallant Secret, was entered. Shows I didn’t thoroughly read the charts yesterday. My actual bet was In the Gold to place, Gallant Secret across the board, and Sis City to show. In the Gold placed, Gallant Secret came in third, and Sis City came in fourth. So I’m glad I changed my bet!

Day’s Tally: Out of ten horses picked, I cashed tickets on five and lost on five – 50% of tickets cashed in. That’s a low percentage for me, but not too bad overall. And, because of the prices on the horses, I won twice as much $$ as I lost. I made a profit. So, all in all, not a bad afternoon.

But I still hope tomorrow will be better. Even without a high profit, it will be a perfect day if Bandini wins.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home