Thursday, June 30, 2005

June 30 Part II

Not a bad day, overall.

Did the admin work for 13 Journals. Wrote a release for it. Updated the site. Updated the Devon Ellington site. Worked on the quarterly newsletter, which will be ready to go out next week. Talked with the artist who’s doing three of the four e-book covers and we’re in synch. It’s so nice to have open lines of communication.

The KIC PR person is changing, and I’m cranky because I recently sent a bunch of info to Person A, and some promotions were supposed to happen this week. I do not want to start over from scratch, and I made it clear that I except the transition to happen in standard business protocol, with unfinished project files handed to the new person, etc. I will be fiercely pissed off if all the work I did last week for this person has to be redone from scratch.

This is why I handle so much of my own pr through Luna Jensen. I know it gets done.

Just realized it is the last day of June – oh, my, WHERE did the first half of the year go?

Completed:
Serial Episodes
Belmont Articles

In Progress:
First draft of Elusive Prayers
Second Salt Marsh story

Not Done:
Second novella started
Ransagh
Periwinkle
Prospect letters
Query letters

Dropped:
Nothing I can think of

Beyond Expectation/Achievements:
The Thirteen Traveling Journals Project
The Place and Space Journal Project

Lindisfarne article rewritten and submitted
New vampire story spun for amusement of colleagues

Disappointments:
Broken toe
Attack of the Rogue Elevator
Too many hours in the theatre taking too much energy


Hmm. I thought I was more productive than that! :) I felt productive this month!

Shortly, I will put up the list for July and compare the first six months to the GDR.

D.

PS Blogger promised they’re working to fix the “Mind the Gap” bug. Your patience is appreciated.

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Tenille said...

Devon,

Your blog never disappoints. I love that I can come here and feel immediately inspired. I admire your drive and committment to your craft.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

I second that! No matter how many projects you've got on your list, Devon, you always manage to push through an extra 10%! Your drive helps me keep going. D:))

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Can I third that? You are truly an inspiration! :)

I'm excited about the 13 Traveling Journals and can't wait until it's my turn.

Oh and good to know that's a bug. I thought it was just me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home