Monday, July 25, 2005

July 25 Part II

Got two issues of Charlotte done and out. I’m working on the two issues of Widow’s Chamber that have to go out today. I have to work out a complicated sequence in the issue on which I’m currently working – Issue 175.

Did some work on the Round Robin interview, preparing the intro paragraphs and the sidebar. My first interviewee finished her questions and sent them on to the next person, which is always wonderful.

The nine-year old character would NOT shut up, so I wrote the first five pages she dictated and hopefully, she’ll give me some peace. Although Tracy doesn’t strike me as the type to give me any peace and quiet. I have a few ideas where this might lead, but, no doubt, she will surprise me.

The interview with the Portland Press-Herald seemed to go well, and I look forward to the piece. I liked the interviewer. It makes such a difference when they’ve actually read the material and don’t act like they resent working on the piece! He’d done his preparation and had some interesting questions. And I called the family in Maine, to let them know to watch for it.

Finished The Rule of Four. Liked it a lot. Part of what I like about it is that it’s not a facile genre book, although that’s how it’s been marketed. It’s layered – about ideas, about history, about friendship. I enjoyed the fact that, even when I had a good idea of where it was going, I wanted to see how it got there.

The stack of Agatha Christie books beckons – mostly because of pleasant childhood summer reading associations I have with the author. However, there’s more writing to be done before I can settle back and read.

Plus, tonight, there’s eggplant, tomato, basil, cheese, and red peppers to turn into a gratin.

I wish it would storm, though. I have my pre-thunderstorm headache.

And I must tackle this sequence of Widow’s Chamber and do it properly, or the whole next section will fall apart.

Thanks, Lara, for having such faith that I can learn all this techno-stuff. I’m pretty sure I can eventually learn HTML (especially since Colin’s such a good teacher). But Microsoft is built to fail, so I don’t know if I’ll ever learn to outsmart it. Oh, well, that’s why the Geek Squad came into being, right? I pity the poor guy assigned to come out and set my system back to rights!

Back to New Orleans in 1853. I’m trying to get them the heck out of there before the yellow fever epidemic, but they keep loitering.

D.

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Colin said...

"Oh, well, that’s why the Geek Squad came into being, right?"

Heck, it's a living! ;-)

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Ann said...

New Orleans in 1853 - talk about exotic. Sounds like a great story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home