Thursday, July 28, 2005

July 28 Part II

I’m resisting the work on the serials.

Oh, well.

In the meantime, I did research for the NHL 2005 Draft Article I’ll be writing this weekend. I forgot how much damn work that is. I can only keep the stats of about 50 players in my head at any given time, and, since I’ve been writing about hockey for several years, I bypassed the 50 mark a long time ago. Now I have to look everything up.

Expect the blog to have a lot more about hockey in it in the coming months. And FemmeFan will have to deal with alternating hockey articles with horse racing articles.

Did some work on Tracy’s story. I think I have to raise her age to eleven (although she really wants to be nine). The situations she and her friends are dealing with make more sense, in the time frame (they talk about something that they remember from a few years ago) if they are two years older. Jo and Wilhelmina (the two other main characters) have no problem with being eleven, so Tracy just had to deal.

Caught up on 13 Journals. Did another trial page of the website. I think I’ve got it right this time. Did some legal research for a letter I have to write over the weekend – won’t be pleasant, but must be done, not just for me, but also for some fellow writers. Filed a bit – so why doesn’t the pile on my desk get any smaller?

Had to write to one of my Llewellyn editors. I went through all the emails and contracts to make sure my calendar is correct as to which pieces are due on which dates. However, I have a scrawl under the 1st of August that reads, “Llewellyn???” without specifications. I have no idea what it means; as far as I can tell, none of my deadlines are for the 1st.

I keep forgetting to post this link. A scammer is posing as agent Deidre Knight. Beware!

http://knightagency.blogspot.com/2005/07/extremely-important-warning-regarding.html

Now, for some good news:

Congratulations to Lara for finishing the draft of her book!!!! Woo-hooooo!

D.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Aw, I'm blushing! Thanks! Very exciting time...
As for the serials--you go ahead and neglect them a little while longer--it sounds like you've got a full plate!

Oooh, I didn't know you were as into hockey as you were horses! This should be good...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home