Saturday, July 30, 2005

July 30 Part II

Polished and submitted two travel articles this morning. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Couldn’t stand my desk anymore, so I cleaned it all off, scrubbed it down and started over. There’s actually room to work. I also went through a few stacks of paper – threw out three large garbage bags’ worth of stuff I no longer need, and sorted files and papers to be filed. It’s a start. It’s nowhere near enough, but it’s a start.

The first seven rounds of the 2005 NHL Draft were excellent. Ottawa pulled off the abridged version. Most of the guys I chose as the ones “to watch” have been picked; I’m hoping there are still two more rounds tomorrow and the rest get picked, too. Having attended the draft in Nashville a few years ago, I know how heartbreaking it is for the kids to sit through two days and not hear their names called.

And some of them go on to greatness anyway. Think Martin St. Louis.

Three big horse races today – two in Saratoga and one in Arlington. Won all three. Woo-hoo.

So that’s two sports articles I have to write tonight and tomorrow.

And the show needs me for the matinee tomorrow, so I lose a writing day.

No work on the serials today.

Oh, well.

D.

HOCKEY RULES!!!!!

Oh, and by the way, only the NHL is back. The rest of the leagues kept right on playing. Unfortunately, in the US, we are dependant on anemic ESPN, so it only SEEMS like we were hockey-less for a season. Having spent eight months of my life with teams on the AHL and ECHL level, they are every bit as committed as the N guys. And so are the European Leagues. There WAS hockey this past year – but if you were in the States, it was harder to find coverage. Love the Swedish and Finnish leagues, but couldn’t pick up enough of either language to read their websites!!! :)

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I despise the commentators on ESPN. Went to a couple of IHL games here in town. The fights are bigger and better. :)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Looking forward to reading your hockey articles again. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home