Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Waxing Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Sunny and hot

Massive anxiety dreams last night. I absolutely do NOT want to go into the city today.

On top of that, one of my credit card companies claims it hasn’t received a payment I sent 12 days ago. Now, I sent out a stack of bills that day, and ALL of the others were posted between the 5th and the 7th. You know it’s just been sitting on someone’s desk all last week because the person was on vacation. On top of that, the credit card company refused to accept a proof of payment I offered to send, refused to give me the name of anyone in their corporate office, etc., and will continue to rip the my credit rating to shreds instead of putting a “hold” on everything while we track the payment and find out if it’s astray, sitting in a pile somewhere, or been stolen.

I tracked down the name and address of the CEO on the Internet. I wrote a strongly worded letter to the company, sending CC’s to the CEO, the state attorney general of the state in which the company headquarters is based, and my own state attorney general.

I’m very upset – I purposely paid the bill early, and paid three times the minimum so that I’d have money on the card for next week’s trip and now . . .nothing.

Thank you, George W., for continuing to set policies so that corporations and big business can feed off of the people in this country who actually do the work and keep it running and are just trying to live their lives. Thank you so much for making sure your friends get to be the vultures on the carrion of the nation.

Oh, and if you think I’m being unfair to blame him for this, go back and read some of the pro-corporate, anti-individual legislation he’s signed over the past five years and THEN come back and talk to me.

So much for a good start to my day. So much for being able to mail out the stack of stuff that’s waiting to be mailed.

Let’s hope this does NOT set the tone for the rest of the day.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

I hate that kind of idiocy--but if that company is stupid enough to ding your credit, you can sue them for it and make them restore your good status. I once encountered a similar problem--a credit card company charged me a late fee when I'd paid a week early! My payment, of course, was sitting on some clerk's desk. Anyway, I yelled at them, provided them proof of my cashed check with its payment date days before it was due, and they credited my account. I paid off and closed that account as soon as I could as I suspected they made a habit of holding people's early payments. I hope all turns out well for you. d:

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

The problems that you're having are another example of lack of personal responsibility on behalf of the employees who post payments are not performing their job in a timely manner. It's lack of personal responsibility on behalf of the customer service staff who will not make the extra effort to bring you, the customer satisfaction. I remember the days when customer satisfaction was valued and delivered.

Further, your problems are an example of lack of corporate responsibility. Employees who post payments and customer service employees all have supervisors. What type of message (aside from the corporate manifesto) are they receiving from their supervisors? Is it something along the lines of - the customer is always wrong until they prove otherwise?

Ethics in the business world have always been on some level situational ethics. More and more I see that situational ethics and the ethic of greed are placed in high regard.

When a large corporation, such as credit card companies, places the return for shareholders and profit above the work load and working conditions of their employees and the satisfaction of their companies, what reason do they have to meet your needs?

As the customer, our funtion is to pay money to the corporation. It isn't their responsibility that they're not functioning responsibly and within a timely manner. They don't have the time for trivial manners. They're collecting cold hard cash as fast and has hard as they can.

The current Administration has aided this shift in away from business ethics and personal responsibility. Legislative maneuvers and criminal intent aside - their example from the top down is one of utter disregard for the citizens (consumers) of this nation.

End of rant.

I wish for you some joy in your day today Devon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home