Sunday, August 07, 2005

Aug. 7 Part III


Revised issue 178 of Widow’s Chamber and sent it. It still doesn’t pack enough of the punch that I want, but I was out of time. It’s okay, but not where I wanted it. Issue 179 written, edited, polished and out – that one was fine.

Wrote most of the horse racing article and part of a hockey article. The hockey article won’t be ready to go tonight – I want to work on it for a few more days and put it in for the following week’s issue. It’s not time-sensitive, so it’ll be fine. It’s personal, and it’s got to hit just the right tone. The racing article I’ll finish after today’s races are done. I’ve got some more big ones to watch this afternoon. I’ve hit some picks and missed some picks so far.

Worked on the Master CV and caught up on some clip file stuff. If I get too far behind, I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off when someone wants samples, and that’s just a waste of my time and energy. So I might as well keep up. Did some work on the first poker story and have a couple of other things floating around. I’m looking at the calendar article as though I’ve never seen it before. I thought I had it all figured out in my head, but something ‘s getting lost between the brain and the pen.

Not happy with the opening sequence of Lighthouse Lady. Haven’t hit it properly, and it’s not something that can be fixed in a rewrite. If I don’t get it right, I can’t move forward. Hard to explain without the actual text in front of one, but trust me on this.

Did a bit of yoga, but not enough. I feel the effects of slacking off and they’re not good.

The pressure’s building as though it wants to storm, and I wish it would.

I skipped doing the laundry this weekend – something I will truly regret over the course of next week.

Oh, well.

There’s a bottle of wine begging to be opened. How can I refuse?

D.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Hee hee! I'd take the wine over the laundry any day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home