Friday, August 12, 2005

August 12 Racing Ink

Here are some horses to look at for the upcoming weekend.

Friday, August 12 – Saratoga:
1st Race – The 20-1 longshot Golden Goddess to show – could be a nice upset. Also, Queen for a Knight is running again, so I’ll look at her to place in this slot.
2nd Race – Performing Diva. She bucked and head butted her jockey on Monday, then tried to run him down. I can’t wait to see what she’s got planned for today. She’s a stubborn, willful horse, but, as Sand Springs proved, you can be a difficult diva and still have talent. We’ll see if she’s got the talent to back up the diva behavior.
5th Race – Magic Alphabet to place
9th Race – the even money Elsa’s Energy – I want to take a look at her. There’s something about the way she carries herself that interests me.

Friday, August 12 – Del Mar:
4th Race – War Chant’s baby, Chant for Gold is running. Although it’s a claiming race, I still want him to win. Wish I was in a position to claim him!

Saturday, August 13 – Saratoga:
7th Race – Vanderbilt Stakes – Smokume across the board and Voodoo to show.
8th Race – Sword Dancer Stakes – I like Meteor Storm, Vangelis, and Better Talk Now, but not sure how I’ll sort them out. Better Talk Now is also slated for today’s race card at Arlington, so his location will also be a factor.
10th Race – Quiet Ruler

Saturday, August 13 – Arlington:
This is a great racing card, thanks to building races around the Arlington Million.
5th Race – Elijah’s Song to place
7th Race – Forward Pass Stakes – Thunder Mission
8th Race – Miss Terrible across the board. Megahertz, Angara and Wonder Again are also in this race. They have to be taken into consideration. I’ll probably toss in Megahertz somewhere. There’s also a horse called Melhor Ainda. She’s trained by Bobby Frankel and ridden by John Velazquez. I’d be a fool to dismiss her.
9th Race – Arlington Million – Kitten’s Joy across the board. If Better Talk Now shows up here instead of at Saratoga, I’ll put BTN in to place. I also want Cool Conductor to show. This is a real stretch in class for him, but he’s been underestimated before and I’d like to see him do well here.
10th Race – Smart Deb Stakes – More Moonlight, trained by Steve Asmussen, and Angel Trumpet.
11th Race – Secretariat Stakes – English Channel across the board.

Saturday, August 13th – Mountaineer Race Track and Gaming Resort, W VA:
I got dates mixed up and started picking the horses on the card before realizing that the West Virginia Derby is on Sunday.
7th Race – Beacon of Hope to win, Irish Meadow to show.

Sunday, August 14 – Del Mar:
1st Race – Powerful Sister, ridden by Mike Smith
2nd Race – Champagne Fairy – I like the name.
8th Race (stakes) – In Excelsis – I like the horse (better reason).
9th Race – Spill the Ink – how could I not, with a name like that?

Sunday, August 14 – Mountaineer Race Track and Gaming Resort, W VA:
5th Race – Emerald Earrings – a horse that was interesting in Saratoga, but didn’t win. I want to see how she does here.
8th Race – West Virginia Derby – Pinpoint across the board. I love this horse, in spite of his poor Belmont race. Southern Africa and Indy Storm are also slotted in here – I have to take a look before deciding which to bet to place and which to show.

Saratoga card for Sunday not yet available.

Happy Racing!

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Pia Talks said...

no nothing about horse racing though many people in my family know too much

www.courtingdestiny.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home