Monday, August 15, 2005

August 15 Part IV

I’m pulling all the PR for Elusive Prayers. It’s going out as an email attachment in PDF – no cover, no copyright, no design.

That’s not what I agreed to, and it’s not acceptable. I agreed to write material for ebooks. Not email attachments, but ebooks. That’s an entire industry, with protocols.

There’s no way I could send this to a reviewer. Or market it. Or expect someone to buy it.

Needless to say, I’m in tears.

Especially because it’s not just this one single book. Two years of work, 8000+ words per week, down the drain. And the artists who worked so hard and did such beautiful work.

D.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Oh, Devon..I am SOOO sorry! I know how much you put into this and how much it meant to you.

Maybe there is a silver lining? Like some other way of marketing that will make it better received than it ever would have been?

I hope so-I just wish they didn't have to be so cold about things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home