Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday, September 26, 2005
Waning Moon
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Rainy, warm, humid

We’re set to get the remnants of Rita today, with minor flooding predicted. Car is safely to higher ground, supplies are in, and, if it looks like the power’s going to go off, I’ll fill the tub and all the pots and pans with water. So we’re all set.

Of course, we’re expecting a hurricane, and the idiots with leaf blowers are out there. The other day, the guy pointed his leaf blower at a pile of leaves less than a foot high for six hours. Didn’t do a damn thing except make noise, pollute the air and waste fuel. Disgusting.

I can feel the Mars retrograde pulling, even though it doesn’t officially turn for another week. Mars retrograde is about turning inward, rather than working outward (which, considering what a busy, extroverted month October will be, will be difficult). It also shows you who your friends are. Should be interesting.

Event last night was fine. Piece went over well. I was worried that I had sharpened my ideological knives to too fine a point, but I think I could have gone farther. I still have a problem with professional charity goers who spend more on the outfit to attend an event than they give to the cause.

Worked on quite a few calendar pieces yesterday. I have half of them done. Will spend more time on them today – I want to have most of them done by the end of the day, so it’s just a few straggly ones to worry about; and then I want to polish and start sending them on Wednesday. I love working on them. You can find out some wacky stuff about this history of a day.

Worked on both Imaginative Powers and Never Too Late yesterday – seven pages on the former, five and a half on the latter. So they’re moving along nicely. Did a good chunk of work on the non-fiction proposal. The proposal is short and succinct. There’s no reason to send 20 pages when I can give them everything they need in order to make a decision in 5.

When I got home, I watched tape of the premieres of West Wing and Grey’s Anatomy, both of which were excellent. I actually clapped at the end of West Wing. I managed to watch the tape of the Lost premiere – mixed feelings. Some really great stuff. I have to check and see if the actor playing the guy in the hatch is who I think he is – if he is, we’re in for a good ride – excellent actor, and full of surprises.

The press release is up for the launch of Circadian Poems – you can read it here:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/9/prweb289569.php

Off to get some writing done.

I’m not going to stress about NTL’s title. The right title will come at the right time. And I have to come up with an idea for the whole series. Let it percolate.

Devon


Imaginative Powers – 18,500 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
18 / 90
(20.0%)


Never Too Late – 24,625 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24 / 90
(26.0%)



Periwinkle -- 16,344 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
16 / 80
(20.0%)

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Hope the remnants of Rita aren't too bad for you! We aren't anywhere near Rita, but have had torrential rain for two days solid. YUCK.

I just watched the pilot episodes for LOST season one last night--OH MY HELL WHERE HAVE I BEEN? It's a great show! (Lara slaps forehead)
Guess I'll soon find out what the "hatch" is!
:-)

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

One of the pleasures of reading your blog is the details of your productivity---wow. It makes me feel good about my progress--odd as that may seem. d:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home