Saturday, September 17, 2005

Saturday, September 17, 2005
Full Moon
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Cloudy and warm

Decent writing day yesterday. Nineteen pages (longhand) of Never Too Late. The characters have a lot to say. And they’re saying it well. I’m ready to start Chapter 3. In both this WIP and in Imaginative Powers, I find that I’m naming chapters, which is something I don’t usually do. If I have chapters, I number them, but they don’t have titles. Yet both of these books seem to require chapter titles. And the titles don’t reveal themselves until the end of the chapter.

What can I say? Each book is reinventing the wheel. Just when you think you have your process down, it turns inside out and you have to re-figure the whole thing.

Whatever works, right?

Rewrote “How to Find Your Scrying Talent” completely from scratch, edited it, and sent it off to my editor before noon. I think it’s better than the other version, though not quite as light in tone.

I’m billing Microsoft for the computer glitch. I’m over it – I lose time – which means money – constantly because the programs don’t run properly. I run my virus protector and spyware and clean-up and all my maintenance programs several times a week. There is NO reason why I can’t get what I paid for – a working software program. So, when Microsoft’s failures cost me time, money and aggravation, they’re getting the bill. Plus late fees, when they chuck it into the wastebasket instead of paying up.

I asked Amazon why my order, which contains items that claim to “ship in 24 hours” was estimated to take over a week to ship. They gave me a convoluted answer – but shipped it last night, instead of waiting until Tuesday. Since it’s all supposed to be in stock anyway, why should the order sit in the “Get A Round Tuit” bin? Because I had a gift certificate? Because I ordered enough to qualify for free shipping?

Sometimes, you just have to ask the question, and you get the action you need.

I want the next few days to be very, very, very quiet so that I can write a lot and do the manuscript critiques, and just, in general, get my feet back under me. I’m at the theatre for four days next week, so I want to get everything done as early in the week as possible. I should probably try to get the curry article (due Friday) done by Monday – since I’ll be at the theatre Tues., Wed., Thurs., and Friday, which leaves me no time to write it.

Full Moon tonight.

Hope the clouds part enough so I can actually see it.

Devon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home