Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday, September 25, 2005
Waning Moon
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Cool and cloudy

Today is the day the serials are supposed to resume, but, of course, we’ve not heard anything. One would think that, if everything was back on schedule, we would have been dropped a note, by, say, Friday, letting us know that all was as planned. If anything further is attempted, no doubt we will get frantic and scolding notes demanding misplaced work at midnight tonight.

Didn’t get a lick of writing done yesterday. Went to my friend’s place; played with the dogs. And they demanded a lot of playtime. Nothing like a 150 pound hound who thinks he’s a lap dog.

My friend has a magnificent kitchen, but doesn’t cook (“it came with the house,” he says lamely – uh, yeah, in this day and age, one hopes one’s kitchen comes with the house), so I roasted a chicken with herbed stuffing, we had potato salad and a mixed green/tomato salad with smoked tomato dressing, and a nice bottle of some wine I’d never heard of, but was good.

Came home and was too darned tired to do anything. I have pain in both shoulders and in the muscles stretched between them, front and back – I’m trying to figure out why, and how to fix it. I’m pretty sure it’s muscular rather than skeletal, which is an easier fix, but I have to find the right pressure point to release the tightened muscles. Hot packs, tiger balm, arnica cream, and valerian aren’t doing it. I’m hoping a good long session of yoga stretches, especially focusing on backbend-type movement will help. I might try some ice, but usually heat works better for me.

Did manage to do some work on 13 Journals and Kemmyrk yesterday. Today, I need to focus on the short calendar articles, and then it’s off to the upstate benefit for a quick rehearsal and then the performance.

I got an idea for a new piece today from a newspaper article. I clipped the article while I thought of it, and set it up in a new folder. I made a few notes and, when it is this piece’s turn to be written, the info is there. However, it does have to wait its turn.

Trying to find a new title for Never Too Late. That title encompasses an important theme of the book which is tied to evil flourishing in the banal and apathetic, but it makes it sound more like a romance novel than what it really is.

Did some work on a non-fiction proposal I’d hoped to finish months ago and gotten stuck on. It’s almost there. I need to research a bit more of the background material for it, write up a budget, and then start submissions. Because it’s an anthology-type piece, with each contributor being paid separately and then the royalties going to charity, it has to be set up a bit differently than a “normal” non-fiction proposal. And I need to figure out what sort of flat fee to budget in for myself as the editor/founder of the project.

The press release went out for the Circadian Poems launch, and the query letter is almost done for the round table interview.

Who has time for serials, with all this other stuff going on?

I know it’s not yet October, but my Halloween decorations are getting restless and want to come out of their boxes – ignoring the fact, of course, that some of them were still out in June because I couldn’t remember where I’d put them.

Let’s hope I have a productive day.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I'm pretty sure KIC is going to tank. :/ I wish she'd hurry up and make a decision because I'm ready to move on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home