Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thursday, September 15, 2005
Waxing Moon
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Rainy and humid

Sad.

When I arrived at the theatre last night, a colleague pulled me aside to tell me that someone with whom we’d been on the road last year died in a motorcycle accident about two and a half weeks ago. He was a unique, talented, and good man, and was very kind to me during a difficult time. I mourn the loss.

I’d been thinking about him a lot recently, wondering what he was up to, and wondering if I should dig out his number and call him.

And now he’s no longer there to call.

Walking home at one a.m. in the rain, from the train station, I spotted something on the ground and picked it up. It’s something that would only mean anything to the two of us, but I’m going to keep it, in his honor.

Devon

10 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. {{HUGS}}

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Sorry to hear about your sad news. You sound really down; if you want cheering up drop me a line. Always here.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Isabelle said...

Désolée pour votre ami.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Tenille said...

So sorry to hear that, Devon. Big hugs to you.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger A.M.Adams said...

I'm sending some light your way -- very sorry to hear of your loss.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Ben O. said...

Man - great post for me right now.

I have a friend that I have been needing to write or call for years to get caught up with.

Thanks for the inspiration to go for it.

Ben O.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I am so sorry about your loss.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Sue said...

My heartfelt condolences. I am glad you were able to find a little token to remember him by. Hugs to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home