Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday, September 22, 2005
Waning Moon
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Fall Equinox/Mabon
Sunny and pleasant

We were all glued to the televisions backstage last night, watching the Jet Blue flight with its damaged landing gear. Whoever wasn’t onstage or in the middle of a quick change was posted by a monitor and tossing out information into the booths. I’m so glad everyone was okay – and they didn’t even need to use the foam! The pilot was amazing.

I haven’t seen the news last night or this morning as far as Hurricane Rita, but the Houston Aeros hockey team sent me an email telling me that their game and fundraiser has been postponed, and the office closed Wed. afternoon and won’t reopen until Monday. Not that I was going to make the game anyway, but . . .:)

The people from New Orleans staying in Houston who are now evacuated to Arkansas must be in such turmoil!

I hope the Hurricane wears itself out quickly.

Shows were fine yesterday. Relatively smooth. I mean, it’s live theatre, so something’s going on all the time. That’s what makes it interesting. People are gearing up for Sunday night’s benefit.

I’m at a different benefit on Sunday, for which I wrote a private commission for a fund-raising dinner upstate. I signed a confidentiality agreement, so I can’t discuss it in detail, but I like the piece I wrote, and I’m looking forward to seeing it performed and the whole private commission thing makes me feel like I’m from a different century. It all happened pretty quickly – good thing I can write on my feet. And let’s just say that, unlike so many of the benefits that are light on criticizing the response – I am not pulling any punches. But it’s also full of very, very dark humour.

Managed to get a few pages of Never Too Late. I really need to come up with a better title. Couldn’t get much done, unfortunately. Did some work on the curry article – still not where I want it, and it needs to be done by tomorrow. I need to work on it this morning before I go to the theatre, and I just don’t feel like it. I better get over the feeling darn quickly.

I feel like I could sleep for a week. That’s the problem with working shows. Living in a state of perpetual exhaustion. If I do work full-time in the month of November, I’ll have to figure out how to balance the exhaustion with NaNoWriMo.

I looked over the outline for the piece I want to do during that month, and came up with a working title: The Fix-It Girl.

Colin, after tomorrow, you won’t have to read about curry every day, and maybe the hunger pangs will stop!

Devon
www.devonellingtonwork.com
The Thirteen Traveling Journals Project
The Place and Place Journal Project
Circadian Poems


Imaginative Powers --16,500 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
16 / 90
(17.0%)



Never Too Late – 21,750 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
21 / 90
(23.0%)



Periwinkle – 16,344 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
16 / 80
(20.0%)

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Colin said...

I'm afraid nothing can stop my craving for curry now. I'm over the edge. Sometime in the next couple of days, will be curry night in the Galbraith Hoose! :-D

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Hey you added counters! Cool! d:)

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

What was incredibly surreal about the Jet Blue landing was that the passengers were watching themselves on CNN until moments before the landing. I give a lot of credit to the pilot who landed the plane magnificently, considering what he was dealing with.

You mentioned the evacuees, I wonder how many that towns like Dallas/Fort Worth can handle. I hope the hurricane wears itself out soon, as well.

I hope you're able to have some rest very soon. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home