Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thursday, September 29, 2005
Waning Moon
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Humid and rainy


Thanks so much for all the good wishes. The support really helps.

Just a quick check-in and update. My mom is as comfortable as can be expected. I took off from the show on Tuesday, but will go in today – someone is staying with her. I came home yesterday to take care of the cats and submit some calendar pieces – and, of course, the emails were bouncing back! But some of them got through and my editor told me not to worry – we’ll get it all sorted out.

Things are still on track for Monday’s Circadian launch.

I’m going in to the show today. A friend of mine is staying with my mom. He just happens to be in NY for a few months, instead of in California, and happened to call yesterday. When I told him what happened, he came right out. He took over nursing for a few hours so I could get some sleep – I hadn’t done more than doze since the accident happened on Monday.

I’m looking after the dog my mom was taking care of when the accident happened, so I’m commuting between dog and cats, and trying to get some writing done in between the icing and the medications and the doctor appointments. Next week’s schedule is all sorted out – I’ll go back to work, but will probably still be only online sporadically.

My mom’s doing a bit better, but the orthopedist isn’t sure how much will heal, since she is past 80. Heck, I’m half that, and I lost 20% of usage when I dislocated my shoulder five years ago – and that was AFTER 18 months of PT. But I’ve reclaimed some more since then. We’ll take it step by step. In a few weeks, I want to take her to the acupuncturist who helped me so much.

I heard through other serial authors that KIC is now suspended until November 1. My contracts on everything except Charlotte are up as of October 2. Watch this blog and my website for more details on what’s going on, especially if you’re a subscriber. Once I get some legalities sorted out, I’ll have information for you.

I do enjoy walking the dog at 6 AM along the shoreline. He’s really very sweet, and we take about a 30 minute walk as the sun comes up.

Very disappointed in last night’s episode of Lost. The creators are messing with the audience. There were too many refrains from last week’s episode – we watched it, guys, we get it. The device was used awkwardly, and the writing wasn’t as sharp as usual. Last week’s episode and this week’s should have been a single, tight piece, not dragged out the way they were. You didn’t create suspense for me, guys, you got on my nerves. Haven’t had a chance to look up the info on the actor playing Desmond – like I said, if he is who I think he is, we are in for a hell of a lot of fun. I’d love to see him spar with Kate some more. Saw the preview for next week – figures Kate gets her hands on the weapon!

Off to try to get some more work out to editors before running for the train.

Devon


Imaginative Powers -- 19,750 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
19 / 90
(21.0%)





Never Too Late – 28,250 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
28 / 90
(31.0%)




Periwinkle – 16,344 words
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
16 / 80
(20.0%)

4 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

Thank you for the update on your mother. I feel for her, with her shoulder injury. It's a blessing for her that you so much knowledge about alternative therapies. Step by step is the way to go, absolutely. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me, as well. It is very much appreciated!

I'm sending healing wishes for you, and I hope that you're able to have some rest for yourself. I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying doggie walks.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Glad your mom's doing better!Best wishes, and Keep us posted. (I missed this earlier). And thanks for the list for GDRs - jeesh, is it really almost that time again?

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Thank goodness for good friends! Oh I feel for your mother and you. I hope therapy helps her, and my goodness, with all that you're doing, you're going to need some heavy R&R at the end of it all. Do take care of yourself. d:)

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Tenille said...

Sending wishes for your mom's continued recovery...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home