Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Waxing Moon
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Sunny and warm

Yesterday’s work:
* Start on one of the articles
* Finished edits for roundtable and sent them out for final perusals
* 10 pages on Imaginative Powers (finishing chapter 4 and starting chapter 5, including an excellent action scene)
* 7 pages of a piece set in Edinburgh and upstate New York – it was supposed to just be notes, but it grew. The working title sounds like a bad 70s TV show, so I won’t post it.
* Figuring out how to raise the stakes for two of the characters in Three Artifacts
* An excellent lunch meeting with one of the most talented students I ever had in one of my classes.
* Pitched for a scripting job I really, really want; they responded in a few hours to let me know that I'm in the running for writing a (paid) sample to see if we're a good fit.

In the mail arrived a copy of an article in which I’m quoted. It’s the winter 2005 issue of Create magazine, and the article is “How to Write Anywhere and Everywhere” by Allen and Linda Anderson. They did a nice job, and I’m pleased to be a part of it.

Feels funny to be quoted in other people’s books and articles. I was sent a book to review last year, and discovered I was quoted in it! Needless to say, I had to pass on reviewing it – conflict of interest.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Sandy J said...

Sounds like a productive day! Good going, Devon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home