Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday, October 10, 2005
Waxing Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mars Retrograde
Rainy and cool


Today is the launch of a brand-new ezine called The Scruffy Dog Review, which was founded by my friend and colleague B.K. Birch. She’s invited me to be an Associate Editor of the publication, and I accepted. My column on writing, “The Literary Athlete”, will appear in the publication, beginning with the January, 2006 issue. Regular readers of this blog and blogs linked to the right will also find some familiar names and wonderful work on the masthead -- including Colin Galbraith, Michelle Miles, Lara Stauffer, Angela Miller, Terri Dunham, E.L. Reedy, and Mark Vender.

We’re accepting submissions of poems, short stories, plays, reviews, articles . . .visit The Scruffy Dog Review to check it out and find the guidelines; also visit The Scruffy Dog Review blog right here on Blogspot.

Too much to do today and not enough hours in the day. Since I’ll be on location for most of the week starting tomorrow (I think I’m back home for a half day on Friday), I have to do all the packing, the housecleaning, etc. that needs to be done. Writing-wise, I’m in decent shape. I have my auto-response turned on (too bad my main Outlook Express doesn’t have one), Circadian is prepped for the month except for the last article which came in yesterday, which I will prep today, and I cleared all my deadlines. I have to print out some hard copies and mail them to editors, and I have to buy pens – I go through a box of gel pens in less than a week. I found a particular brand I really like – they flow well and write softly – but they don’t last long.

Never Too Late is going astonishingly well. Sixteen pages yesterday, and the only reason I stopped was because I couldn’t curl my hand around the pen anymore. Needless to say, I do not want to stop working on it. I’m taking it with me and hoping I can drop down the creative well for a few pages each night when I get back to my friend’s place from set. I’m hoping, if we have 5 AM calls, that we won’t always be working until midnight. But it changes moment-to-moment on set. If you get behind, you have to stay until you’re finished.

So – off to be a House Elf today and hope the scouring I do can last the week. Since I’m not much of a scour-er, that will be a challenge. Cooking, laundry and dishes are always kept up. The litter boxes are clean, the plants watered. The rest of it – it often is let go, because the writing is a priority.

Off to clean, pack, retrieve my mom for her appointments (she still can’t drive) and then steal time to write.

I have a lot to say about hockey – but it will have to wait until later in the day. Can I just say the new rules limiting the protection d-men can offer the goalie doesn’t make any sense? Let the D-men do their job, for crying out loud! And how about calling some of this goalie interference? Well, what do you expect, when the Commissioner is not only anti-labor but comes to the sport from basketball? Ick.

Devon
The Thirteen Traveling Journals Project
Circadian Poems
The Scruffy Dog Review




Never Too Late -- 44,750 words

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
44 / 90
(48.0%)

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Enjoy your blog so far and good luck on the writing. One of these days I guess I'll get the inspiration to write something...don't know what that is yet, but it's interesting to read others experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home