Monday, October 10, 2005

Oct 10 Part II

I tried to figure out why I’m so damned crabby today – I mean, there’s lots of great stuff going on, I’ve had a productive day, etc.

Then, I realized: I don’t want to leave the world of Never Too Late and have to concentrate on somebody else’s world for awhile.

I have to, but the writing’s going so well in that fictional world that the real world simply annoys me.

Thirteen pages today – which puts me over my estimated half way mark. I think I will get a few more pages done tonight, once I finish packing. I’ll update the word meter tomorrow.

I did a really wonderful ballroom scene and also a solid shape-shifting scene. I managed enough sensory details so I could feel the pain of the shift as I wrote it.

If you’ve never read Rosalyn Greene’s book The Magic of Shapeshifting, read it at once. It is one of the bravest books I’ve ever read. Much of what I learned from her comes out in certain sections of Never Too Late.

D.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Lara said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! Sometimes we get caught up in the world of our making, and it's like riding smoothly along in a wave of sunlight, and suddenly, we're crashing down to reality and the real world is a letdown. Hence the crabbiness. I do the same thing.

The fun part: you can escape to that world again when the daily work is done!

:-)

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Colin said...

Good luck in "the other world". I hope you have a blast and don't knacker yourself out too much! You know what they say: " A change is as good as a rest"...I only wish I knew who "they" were! ;-)

All the best on set!

Col

 

Post a Comment

<< Home