Saturday, October 01, 2005

Saturday, October 1, 2005
Waning Moon
Chiron Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mars Retrograde (oh, crap!)
Sunny and beautiful

Just a quick check-in before I head back to CT. Came to feed the cats, check e-mail – and deal with a clogged drain (ick).

On the way, stopped to pay my phone bill –ended up getting a new phone (which I desperately needed – mine has limped through the last few months valiantly, but is beeping its last) and adding a phone for my mom to my wireless plan – also sorely needed. She’s at an age where she needs the cell phone with her in case of emergencies.

Now, I have to figure out how to work the damned things.

My friend from the UK called – he flew to California yesterday because his horse is running today – I’m keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Working on Never Too Late – and still looking for a new title. I suspect that I’ll have to cut 30-40% because there are sections where I’m just feeling my way and in the rewrites, it will have to be tightened.

I really don’t need yet another retrograde, but, oh, well.

Tried to sign up for NaNoWriMo – registration is supposed to open today – but they don’t have it up yet. Guess they meant it would start before midnight today, not before noon. Oh, well. I’ll try again in a few days. I’ve got the whole month in which to sign up.

Nothing exciting to report. I’m just trying to keep everything going, not run out of steam myself, and get a little bit of writing done. NTL is going quite well. It’s just hard to concentrate when the dog keeps dropping sticky, drooly tennis balls in one’s lap. But he’s a sweet dog, so it’s okay. The cats are pissed when I show up smelling of dog and the dog is fascinated when I return smelling of cat.

And I could use about a week in a spa. Not until winter, I guess. Maybe I can steal a couple of days and go up to Saratoga.

Back to unclogging drains and learning new phones.

Devon

PS Oh, my gosh, it’s October!

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

I can relate to the jealousy issues! Cindy Lou runs and jumps on the couch and gives me the "guilt inducing look" when I come home smelling of dog or cat. I then assure her that I still love her best!

Our cats on the other hand have no interest when I come home smelling of cat. They're main concern is running out the front door as I come in, even though we have a dog/cat door that they can let themselves in and out of freely!

Cindy Lou has developed a favorite pattern for our morning walk that leads us to a house where her "friend" (a cat) lives, and from there down several blocks and up the street to another "friend's" house. She truly believes she is a cat.

I hope that you have a lovely day today!

It is hard to believe that it's October!!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Oh hey congratulations on getting the movie job. I can hardly wait for the details!

And when I come home smelling of a friend's cat, Taffy lectures me. d:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home