Saturday, October 08, 2005

Saturday, October 8, 2005
Waxing Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mars Retrograde
Hurricane Tammy


The brook’s already at its top, so I moved the car to higher ground. Got rid of all the garbage and the recycling. Will fill the tub and pots and pans with water, in case we lose power. It should be an interesting day. If it’s already this high and we’re expected to get four more inches of rain today, I don’t see how we can avoid flooding.

Gotta love the department of Homeland Security. The FBI and international agencies received a specific date for the subway attacks here in NY – on or around October 9 – and our ever lovin’ federal government shrugs it off.

At Mayor Bloomberg said, “If I’m going to err in this, it will be on the lines of caution.” And he said (paraphrasing) that it’s different for an analyst sitting behind a desk in Washington than it is different than someone living here responsible for the lives of the citizens. Right on, Bloomberg! There are plenty of his policies with which I disagree, but he is committed to keeping EVERYBODY in NY safe – not just the highest earners.

On a grisly note – but interesting for writers – a body-snatching operation working out of funeral homes was discovered. Over 1000 corpses were dismembered and bits sold to a tissue bank in NJ – tissues and tendons and ligaments, etc. It is believed that very rarely did the families give permission – the bits were harvested during embalming.

Eww.

On a happier note, I wrote 17 pages on Never Too Late yesterday (while cooking)-- 4250 words. Which brings my total to 37,000.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
37 / 90
(41.0%)



I doubt I’ll get the first draft finished before NaNoWriMo starts, but I’m going to try!

And can I just say how much fun I’m having on the message boards over there? I have to figure out how to download the icon and add it in here.

Off to deal with the flood. Gee, thanks, Tammy! Remind me to name the next villains in my books Katrina, Rita, and Tammy.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Crysta said...

I definitely think those are excellent names for your villains. :)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Stay Dry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home