Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday, October 23, 2005
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mars Retrograde
Cold and cloudy

Busy day yesterday. Got the article out to FemmeFan for Breeders’ Cup. Shopped, cooked, and got everything prepared to my mom’s fridge and freezer are stocked for next week. Unpacked bag from the past few days, repacked for tonight. Caught up on some email, dealt with some – though not enough – of my writing world responsibilities.

Pretty much the only yoga I could manage was the corpse pose.

Ordered a barn coat from LL Bean, because next week, I don’t plan to freeze my ass off on location. LL Bean called all their shippers, and Fed EX SWORE it would be here on Tuesday before 10:30 AM. My train leaves at 10:46 AM. I don’t entirely believe them, but LL Bean tends to be reliable, and they’ll make it right if Fed Ex screws up. I told them that, under no circumstances, were they to use UPS.

The guy who helped me also wrote down the name of the show, so that he can watch it when it airs.

Nothing interesting to say. I’m exhausted and my neck hurts. I am so looking forward to my acupuncture appointment in mid-November (the earliest my wonderful person could book a double for my mom and myself).

Gotta run and catch the train, zip across town to drop off my overnight bag and zip back across town to meet the courtesy van for the drive to Queens.

Hopefully, we won’t be shooting all night and I’ll get a little bit of sleep before heading back home tomorrow.

I have A LOT to do tomorrow to prepare for the rest of the week.

And it would be nice to get some writing done. My characters in NTL are feeling abandoned, and, once NaNoWriMo starts, it’ll get even worse. My minimum on Fix-It Girl to achieve the goal of 50,000 words by the end of the month is 7 pages per day; my personal goal is 10 pages. The piece itself is going to be 100,000 words, not 50,000, but NaNoWriMo should give me a firm foundation for it.

I’ve been working on my Christmas list – after all, the overseas stuff has to go out the day after Thanksgiving.

I need more hours in the day. Preferably a few of them for sleep.

Happy Sunday!

Devon

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger busy91 said...

Hi Devon...7 pages a day! OMG! You rock. HaHa...I'll be happy to get 2. Well I finished with about 60,000 last year, I'm sure I can do it again. Good luck.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Lara said...

The CORPSE pose! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
I hope you get some energy back soon--and take care, I will miss your blog while I'm "unhooked" for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home