Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Last Day of the Full Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mars Retrograde
Muggy and cloudy

Yesterday was spent catching up – on the various projects, the mountain of email. Then, of course, because when it rains mail it pours mail, a packet of fan mail. I always appreciate the fan mail – it’s simply going to take me longer to respond this time around. So – if you’ve sent me a letter c/o one of my publishers recently – it will be awhile before you get your response, but I will respond as soon as I can.

Circadian’s feature today is an interview with poet, novelist and short story writer B.K. Birch, the founding editor and publisher of The Scruffy Dog Review.

In the stack of mail waiting for me was an invitation to the opening of a new jewelry store (huh?) and two political parties. By that, I mean parties thrown locally to meet current political candidates. I know I can’t go to the jewelry opening because it’s on Thursday and I may be filming. I might be able to go to one or both of the other receptions. Needless to say, I have some pointed questions for the candidates. I look forward to sharpening my quills in preparation.

I’m spending probably more time than I should on the NaNoWriMo forums, but it’s fun. Since I’m not working fulltime on B’way in November after all, I might actually get to do some of the meet ups. I’d love it. I want to meet some of these people. And I’m working on the special section of NaNoWriMo blogs that will be added to my links for the month.

I have a piece to write for tomorrow’s Scruffy Dog Review blog – I know what I want to say; it’s a matter of making the words line up properly.

I didn’t get any writing done yesterday that wasn’t directly connected to business-y stuff and catch-up. My total work on NTL during the days I was trying to write in and around set wasn’t as bad as I originally thought – because the bulk of it was written at Artie’s last Tuesday night before I started – 10 pages. With far too many placeholders. But my word count is up to 53,000. I seriously doubt I can finish it before NaNoWriMo starts, but I hope I can find a comfortable stopping point.

In any case, I’m rambling, far too overtired, and have to catch a train in to the city – I’m doing day work on the show today. But if everything works out happily, I’ll be home tonight and can get some work done.

Somehow, the front door blew open this morning. I shut it – and then heard mournful caterwauling from the other side. Elsa had gone to investigate the hallway and gotten locked out. So I hauled her back in – she’s very upset. And now she insists on hauling one of my tee shirts around in her mouth as she wanders the apartment.

It’s going to be a long day.

I scraped my hand on something on set and didn’t think anything about it, but last night it started to look ugly. I washed it out with hydrogen peroxide last night and found some ointment I bought in Europe. It’s much better. Going to the doctor before the piece wraps is not an option.

Off to – what am I doing today? I’ll figure it out when I get there.

Devon




Never Too Late – 53,000 words

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
53 / 90
(58.0%)

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Hi, Devon! I've been offline for a few days and I've missed reading you. So great to catch up. I love all the details in your posts about the film work as well as how it's going with the writing. That LA Network guy--hah--you did him right! Working in Century City, that type is everywhere! Do take care...d:))

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Glad to hear things are getting back to some sort of 'normalcy', whatever that is.

Hope your Mom is doing ok! And take care of that hand, too.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Yes! Take care--I hope you're able to get everything done you need to!

:-)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

Elsa has a "woobie", how precious.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury, but I'm glad that it is better!

It is important to have fun in your life, and I'm glad that you're enjoying your time on the NaNoWriMo forums! :)

Sharpening your quills in preparation ... the pen is mightier than the sword, indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home