Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mars Retrograde
Stormy

It felt very much like a hurricane last night. Earlier this morning, the temperature was dropping, the rain tapered off, and it smelled like snow. But now, the rain’s whipped up again full force.

I am not looking forward to going out in this.

That’s another reason I want to leave this frigging business: Enough with “the show must go on.” I’m no longer willing to risk my life venturing out in effing hurricanes so a producer can make money.

Let me point out that I have to head out to the show, not the pilot today. We’re not shooting the pilot today, and, if the weather keeps up, there’s a good chance at least they will be sane enough to reschedule tomorrow.

Or not.

Published the week’s worth of Circadian last night. I can’t believe we’re almost at the end of October!

Yesterday was a happy, good day: in spite of unpacking, repacking, laundry, trying to catch up on way too much email, etc. I roasted a chicken and created an absolutely delicious parsnip-carrot stuffing. Served with mashed potatoes and other fall vegetables, it was a good, good meal for a cold, rainy day. Then I boiled down the bones with onion, celery and parsley for stock.

Paid some bills this morning, moved the car to higher ground in case the brook overflows (we have a repeating motif here), etc.

Last night, I got to carve a pumpkin, for the first time in several years. Um, next year, I’ll invest in the carving kit. The kitchen knife wasn’t the best choice. But I have a cute, jolly pumpkin that even the cats like.

Fed Ex better not screw up, and my barn coat better arrive before I have to run for the city. I might blog at some point in the week, or I might be offline until next week.

Who knows?

No one.

Yet.

Oh, and Roman Ruler got injured and is out of the BC Sprint on Saturday. There goes my exacta.

Oh, well.

Have a good week, everyone, and stay safe.

Devon

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Colin said...

So long as YOU stay safe too!!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Voodoo's Room said...

Don't worry about your sprint exacta, sweetie. Wild Fit is going to be at something of a price in the Juve Fillies and her last work was amazing. Box her and Diamond Omi in that race and let's see em duke it out! (At least that is what I'm going to do hehe)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

Popped in to say "HI!" while working hard, acitivity you're no stranger to. (Can you see my bleary green eyes? :) Hope you had no repercussions from the rains.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Stay safe too! And you're right - personal health and safety should always come before profit! Shouldn't even need to be said, really, such common sense.

How's your Mom doing now? Has she been able to have any treatments? Been thinking about ya both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home