Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday, November 04, 2005
Waxing Moon
Uranus Retrograde
Mars Retrograde
Sunny and warm

I’ve changed my routine today and am not doing my pages first. This may cost me. I suspect the day in general will cost me anyway, because I’ve come down with something. Not sure what, but I feel off – way off. I’m running a fever, feel achy – by the end of day work yesterday, I was hot as could be, but also shivering.

So I didn’t go downtown to meet the other NaNoers, but went home. I was disappointed, but, first of all, I wouldn’t be good company, and, even more importantly, if this is something another person could catch, I don’t want to expose the other writers. (“Hi, I’m Devon. So good to meet you. Share my flu?”)

It came on while I was working, but I was by myself for most of the afternoon – except for when I first arrived – so, hopefully, no one else will suffer.

Climbed into bed and watched Pirates of the Caribbean, which I’d never seen before. Johnny Depp was brilliant, as usual. His work is always so layered and detailed. And his ability to chose and expose character-revealing detail naturally is a joy to behold. The rest of it was kind of fun, but my expectations were so enormously high due to the hype, and I ended up being a bit disappointed. It was a good yarn, but not as perfect as I expected. The special effects were good. But all of these Dancing With Skeletons tales hearken back to Jason and the Argonauts, and I still love the effects in that movie, done by Ray Harryhausen. I’m still going to watch the two sequels, because I want to see where they go from here.

All I want to do is crawl back in to bed, but I’m going to work on some pages for NaNo. I have to dash to White Plains again this morning for an errand, and then I will soldier on with my pages until I hit today’s word count.

No doubt, it will end up taking me most of the day.

And then I’ll go back to bed.

Devon

PS I discovered yet another writing eccentricity – I can’t write in my pajamas. I have to be in my writing clothes (which are, basically, comfortable yoga clothes).

Whatever gets it done, right?

8 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Tenille said...

I hope you feel better, Devon. That thing I picked up a couple of weeks ago was hard to shake. Same symptoms, unbelievably hot but shivering, achy, tired. Hope it leaves you quickly.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger David Bridger said...

Beaming healing thoughts and prayers your way, Devon. May you recover rapidly and may your nano not suffer any setback from this.

Blessings.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I hope you feel better VERY soon! And I love Pirates of the Caribbean. Can't wait for the sequel!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Costume Imp said...

I hope you are back to feeling like yourself very soon. It's very dishearting to feel 'way off.' You've been through an enormous amount of physical and mental work lately. I know you know this, but remember to take some time for yourself D. Rest, Hot Tea, and snuggle up with 3 kittens. (A Johnny Depp movie marathon wouldn't hurt either!)
Feel better soon Doll!!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Sya said...

Oh no! What a terrible setback at the beginning of November. Hope you get better soon--and you find the time to get back into your writing groove!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger SianNorah said...

Hope you feel better, soon. As for me, I'm a jeans and a t-shirt writing girl. And it works better, if I'm just tired enough not to notice the fact that I can't spell.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

"Hi, I'm Devon. So good to meet you. Share my flu?"

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well! At least you're one of the considerate people who think before spreading it around.

I hope that you can enjoy a much needed rest! :)

"I will soldier on with my pages until I hit today’s word count."

I can relate - that's how I feel after I do my physical therapy.

I'm cheering for you. :)

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Ann said...

ouch! Hope you're feeling better soon - Pirates in the Carribean should help. Cool movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home