Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday, November 7, 2005
Waxing Moon
Uranus Retrograde
Mars Retrograde
Sunny and warm

I’ve had a series of bizarre dreams disrupting my sleep over the past few nights. Not sure why, or even what they’re about, although there were turnips in one dream. Since I don’t like turnips and don’t eat them, it doesn’t make any sense.

My friend and colleague B.K. Birch has a beautiful piece up on today’s Circadian.

3512 words on Fix-It Girl this morning, bringing me up to 18,681. It was a bit tough at times – I felt I was getting bogged down in the mechanics of getting from Point A to Point B – but now it’s flowing again.

The seafaring books below the desk – the diaries and books and other research for the whaling saga – are calling. I have to plug my ears for a few more weeks.

Had errands to do, my mother’s not doing well today, and I’ve got a bunch of business-type stuff that needs attention. Did a good portion of my holiday shopping, but still have to put together the things I plan to make.

Need to do more work on the Christmas story, finish the terribly late article, do the difficult letter once and for all, and put together some pitches. I’d like to do my daily page on Never Too Late.

Oh, Amazon’s response to my complaint is that, if I actually want the books to ship in the 3-5 days for which I paid, I have to pay additional shipping per book, on top of the 3-5 day shipping charge. Otherwise, it’s 3-5 days from whenever the fuck they feel like putting the order together. That’s simply not acceptable, and, once I receive this order, I will no longer do business with Amazon. And I have every intention of telling them why

Still feeling well under the weather, but there’s no more time to rest. Oh, well.

Devon

The Fix-It Girl – 18,681 words (NaNo goal 50,000)




The Fix-It Girl – 18,681 words (completion goal 100,000)

God forbid the Word Meter should actually work today. Can't ANYBODY do their job any more?

4 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger ashley said...

Cool blog..check out mine

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I hope you and your mom are both feeling better very soon. You're making great progress for NaNo. Way to go!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Anita said...

Wow, you're doing great on your NaNo! I hope to hit 18,000 later today. Unfortunately work gets in the way of writing, lol. Anyway, good luck with the rest of it!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Sya said...

Yay for weird dreams! I had one recently in which I was fighting demon-possessed college students. Too bad there's no way I could fit that into my Nano...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home