Sunday, November 06, 2005

Nov. 6 Part II

Of course I wrote. How could I not?

Not much progress on The Fix-It Girl. I finished Chapter Six and started Chapter Seven. Total of 1013 words, which is 1013 words more than I had at the beginning of the day. Not up to either quota on the one hand, but, since I gave myself the day off, not bad.

Wrote five pages of the Christmas story. Since the entire thing wasn’t supposed to run more than five pages, it rather gives me pause. But it’s going where it’s going and doing what it wants, so who am I to argue? It could be a gentle, funny, warm holiday piece, which is what it’s supposed to be.

Halloween decorations down, Thanksgiving decorations up (as of yesterday).

Haven’t finished the damned article yet. Still tussling with the tough letter.

But I used silly clip art to make a silly mock cover for The Fix-It Girl as just sort of a personal little boost.

Finished Jane and His Lordship’s Legacy by Stephanie Barron. In spite of figuring out the who, I was interested in the how. In her last book, Jane and the Ghosts of Netley, Barron pulled one of the bravest, most courageous moves I’ve seen a writer pull off in a long time. Since she’s bound by the truth of Jane Austen’s life to a certain degree, she had to do it; yet I’m sure it brought howls of protest from her readers. I was in shock for weeks after, although I agree she had to do it. But few writers would have had the guts to do so and the guts to do it the way she did. I’m always happy when I can get my hands on one of her books. Talk about fulfilling the contract of trust with the reader and then some!

I’ve been rather a waste of food today, mostly because I still feel lousy.

Oh, well. I have the live episode of The West Wing to look forward to tonight, and, tomorrow, no matter how I feel, I have to get on with it.

Devon


The Fix-It Girl -- 15,169 words (NaNo goal 50,000)
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
15 / 50
(30.0%)


The Fix-It Girl – 15,169 words (completion goal 100,000)

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
15 / 100
(15.0%)

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger busy91 said...

Look who's talking. Writing nano and articles and Reading and doing decorations. You are prolific all the way around!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger David Bridger said...

I feel the same about tomorrow. It'll happen, so I might as well accept it. Come what may, we'll be writing tomorrow.

Hope you're having a good rest this evening. You are prolific, aren't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home