Thursday, November 17, 2005

Nov. 17 Part II

I realized I forgot to comment on last night’s episode of Lost. I thought there was some excellent acting work in it, and some decent writing. However, I kept getting waaaaay ahead of the story, and it didn’t hold me enough for it to catch up with me. Even though the intent was to justify Ana Lucia’s behavior, you know what? A bully is still a bully. Tough.

The editing sequence towards the end where they overlapped the storylines was very well done. Kudos to the editors for that one. The acceleration and the intensity of those days from finding Jin on the beach to Shannon’s shooting was beautifully handled.

However, we were promised an “extended” episode. Five minutes? So you cut four commercials? I don’t think so.

Again, that’s network, not the production team.

I still predict that Ana Lucia will have sex with one of the other survivors, find out there’s feeling there and then promptly get killed/sacrifice herself for someone else.

Because in our entertainment culture, women who are openly sexual are still punished with death. And if your character gets to be redeemed by love as well, they still make you die.

D.

1 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Tenille said...

I love reading your observations on Lost. I'm still so pissed about Shannon being killed and I want Syed to kick Ana Lucia's ass! I've been telling my husband from the beginning that she's a bitch plain and simple - no excuses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home