Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Nov. 22 Part II

We had some bad news today: the son of family friends dropped dead unexpectedly at work. We still don’t know way.

He was a year younger than I am.

We left a message for his parents – they’re on their way to New England; if they’re still there when we get back from Maine, we told them we’d take care of whatever needed to be taken care of down here so that they can concentrate on being there – with his wife and two kids.

Work was okay – mentally, I’ve already left for Maine.

I have to pack my “Writing Bag” for the trip and frost the cake; then hope to make it an early night.

Four story ideas poured forward today. Took notes on them. One is demanding immediate attention – which I don’t want to give. I’m figuring 10-25,000 words. Set in Northumbria.

Damn.

Never Too Late is going up to Maine.

Someday, I’ll find a suitable title.

Carpe Diem, all! You never know IF there’s going to be a tomorrow.

D.

5 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Anita said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It's devastating when something unexpected like that happens. And I totally agree with your Carpe Diem. I try to live each day with that attitude because we never truly know which moment could be our last.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Voodoo's Room said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Try to have a decent Thanksgiving anyway.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger busy91 said...

WOW! Sorry about your son's friend. That is horrible. As they say tomorrow is promised to no one.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I'm very sorry about your friend. What a terrible thing. You're right - you never know.
And I agree on the new budget - it is beyond ridiculous.
Hope you have a happy thanksgiving! (and hope you don't freeze,in Maine!)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I was going to leave a message a few days ago, but I couldn't find words. A friend and co-worker where I work just lost the battle to cancer two weeks ago, so I feel your son's pain.

I hope you and your family had a great holiday anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home