Thursday, November 03, 2005

PS I'm very frustrated with the NaNo forums. I can't get in to read my messages; I can't update my word count. I understand that it gets a HUGE amount of traffic, and that's a good thing, but come on -- 17 minutes to try to load a page and then it fails.

And it's the only site I'm having those problems with, so I know it's the site. Even Blogger, which tends to only work on the one hour a day I don't need it, is running better.

So I've got mail and messages stacking up and I can't actually get to any of it to answer it.

4 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I'm frustrated too. Been trying all morning to get in and can't. I thought it was just my connection but I guess it's systemwide.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Sandy J said...

Won't let me in either. Thought it was me - which it usually is, LOL!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger David Bridger said...

Yup. Me too. I emailed them the last two times it went down, but I'm not going to bother anymore. They didn't reply the second time, and I reckoned I was only making more work for an already overstretched system by contacting them when stuff stopped working.

I'm very fed up with it, though, because we can always write on our lonesomes, can't we? But this is a rare opportunity to do it in good company. Oh well.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger mitsubachi said...

I'm on dial up half of the time - so terribly frustrating to wait all that time just to fail!

Good to know it's not just my crappy connection causing the problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home