Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday, November 20, 2005
Waning Moon
Mercury Retrograde
Mars Retrograde
Sunny and cold

Have I killed off my two characters yet?

No.

I’m procrastinating.

Instead of writing yesterday afternoon, I baked bread and then I set up the top of a bookcase as a mantel for the holidays – decorated with swaths of festive fabric, candleholders, nutcrackers and angels.

The cats helped.

You can imagine.

Pictures to be posted at a future date of their “help.”

I found a stack of my Yuletide-themed fabric, but I’ve also got a lot more – in storage where I can’t get at it. So I might need to make a trip to the fabric store soon.

On a happier note, it looks like my SO might – might – be able to come here just for a couple of days over the holidays. That would be wonderful. We both have European backgrounds and share some of the same holiday traditions (such as Christmas Eve being the big celebration and Christmas Day more of a hanging-out day; celebrating the four Advents, etc., etc.). But I’m also doing some research on Scandinavian traditions, and will incorporate some of his favorite holiday traditions this year. I’m almost afraid to look forward to it too much, in case the schedule changes and he has to work, after all.

Most of the holiday shopping is done. I still have to sit down and write cards and make a few things and buy, I think, three more presents. I have to wrap what’s going up to Maine this week. But I think I’m on track, and I don’t have to stress out too badly. I want to be able to sit back and enjoy the season.

I stayed up way too late last night reading the Provincetown book. If I hadn’t had to be awake and alert for a track I haven’t done in eight to ten months today, I would have just sat up all night to read it.

I have to leave in an hour or so for the theatre.

So I better kill off my characters and get it over with.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Diana said...

It's heartening to me see that you, the most prolific writer I "know," also procrastinates. :)

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger David Bridger said...

Your holiday decorations sound lovely. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

I understand your reluctance to kill good characters. I have a plot-essential death of a main character to write in this nano, and she has grown on me during the writing. Sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home